ILC Call for Proposals
Call for Proposals is open!
The 2020 Inclusive Leadership Conference (ILC) will take place on Saturday, February 1, 2020 at Temple University in the Howard Gittis Student Center. We invite you to share your important work with us to consider for ILC 2020 presentations and workshops.
This year's conference is: Raise Your Voice…It Matters!. This theme was developed by the ILC Committee to highlight the importance of empowering and uplifting historically marginalized identities to create change. We define your ‘voice’ as a mechanism of: being vocal, through your expression, voting, etc.
Presentations should pertain to empowering inclusive leaders to advocate for various historically marginalized identities. Successful presentations will address various ongoing and emerging issues of diversity and social justice in today's higher education institutions and beyond.
All presentations will be facilitated in a 50-minute format. Additional information and requirements will be fully explained once you begin the submission process.
Because ILC is comprehensive in scope, we are looking for presentations that accomplish one or all of the following key objectives:
- Empowering individuals to become authentic leaders and advocate for self and others
- Understanding effective ways to have healthy discourse and critical conversations
- Creating environments that fully embrace intersectionality while cultivating cultural humility/awareness
- Effectively utilizing privilege to inspire others to work towards a shared vision
- Understanding the significance of voting, political awareness and the individual's role within local, regional and national politics
Please refer to the Call for Presentations on the ILC webpage to see suggested areas of emphasis, additional requested topics, and proposal submission details. All proposals for presenting are due no later than 11:59pm on Monday, November 25, 2019.
Important Dates and Timelines:
- Call for Presentation Opens: Monday, October 28, 2019
- Call for Presentation Closes: Monday, November 25, 2019
- Selection Decision Notification: Monday, December
- Session Scheduling Notification: January 2020