2020 L.O.V.E Conference
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18TH - SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24TH
The Office of Leadership Development helps students live their truth by hosting the annual L.O.V.E [Live Openly. Value Everyone.] Conference.
Open to all students, this virtual conference provides individuals with the opportunity to engage with one another and industry professionals while participating in active learning centered in authentic leadership and values-based conversations.
Our 2020 L.O.V.E Conference, L.O.V.E From a Distance, focuses on teaching skills and techniques to successfully move through the world in a time of tremendous change and uncertainty.
2020 has been a landmark year for change. With the hardships of COVID-19 and distance learning, ongoing racial tensions within an election year, and a declining economy, this year's L.O.V.E. Conference gets to the heart of what students need NOW: resources for navigating our new normal and learning to pivot with intention and authenticity.
Through L.O.V.E, students will learn how to lead with empathy, manage stress and anxiety, cultivate real world skills, and develop a self-starter mindset.
L.O.V.E. is a conference For students and BY students -- offered through Socio, an event platform that seamlessly integrates with your technology, making L.O.V.E.available to anyone with access to a smartphone or computer.
~ So what can you expect from 2020 L.O.V.E ?
KEYNOTE & FEATURE SPEAKERS whose stories and experiences will inspire you to get back on the horse, no matter what obstacles may try to stop you.
- Chuck Aoki, U.S. Paralympic Silver Medalist
- James Robilotta, Author of Leading Imperfectly: The Value of Being Authentic for Leaders, Professionals, and Human Beings
- Talia Pollock, Award-Winning Podcast Host, Health and Empowerment Coach, Speaker, Writer, TV Expert, Author, and CEO of Party in My Plants
- Linnita Hosten, Student Success Strategist and Author
- Kinja Dixon, Consultant, Speaker, Radio Show Host, and Former Members of the U.S. Air Force
- Alex Weber, American Ninja Warrior, 5x TEDx Speaker, and Award-Winning Performer
- Darryl Bellamy, Author, Speaker, and CEO of Bellamy Inspires
SKILL DRILLS that enhance professional materials and real-world skills that will prepare you to stand out in the job market.
- Jen Fry: Authentic Interviewing: Sharing technique and strategy to amplify transferable skills and authenticity in remote interviews
- Danielle Davis: Financial Planning – Exploring the COVID impact on the economy [more specifically students] and how students can best prepare in light on a recession and/or crash
- Angie Bergner: Maximizing LinkedIn – Demonstrating and coaching students through tips and tricks for boosting profiles and enhancing personal branding through LinkedIn
- Herman Dolce: Financial Planning – Establishing various streams of income and creating generational wealth as young professionals
- Calista Condo: Power Skills in Cover Letters & Resumes – Sharing formats, technique and strategy to amplify transferable skills in cover letters.
WORKSHOPS that teach you to maximize your potential and move through life with intention and self-awareness.
- Janie Egan: Self-Care DIY – Redefining the term ‘self-care’ and exploring mindfulness technique and practice students can do in the comfort of their own homes
- Janie Egan: Balancing Wellness & Social Justice – Aiding students in finding ways to maintain health and well-being while participating in moderate-to-high advocate and activism movements, demonstrations and efforts
- Tania Irwin: Exploring Passion and Purpose – Assisting students with professional careers and/or industry impacted by COVID and are struggling to determine next steps
- Shawn Anthony: Digital Entrepreneurship - Providing tips and advice on how students can use various digital platforms and tools to develop their personal brand and showcase skills and talents.
- Kacheyta McClellan: Transferable Skills within Leadership – Sharing technique and strategy for articulating leadership and/or co-curricular experience
WELLNESS SESSIONS that remind you to take care of yourself and prioritize your health and well-being.
- Yoga with Vibes & Vinyasa
- Mindfulness Sessions with the Wellness Center
- Workout with DMV Fitness & GEFit
LIVE & RECORDED sessions available. SWAG and GIVEAWAYS for early registrants!